Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Goth Challenge Day 5

Day 5 – Is there a local Goth band or group in your area?

I am not aware of any local goth bands.

But if you can consider supporting a friend's goth band, even though they live several stated away (because the Internet has made everything sort of "local"), then yes, I have a local goth band - Ending the Vicious Cycle. Toby, the lead singer and guitarist, tells me that they hope to release an EP later this year. I'm looking forward to that release. Then hopefully, they can manage an East Coast tour.

Ending the Vicious Cycle
My favorite EVC songs are Le Tourment Vert and 1000 Words. I often get Le Tourment Vert stuck in my head, and my kids like dancing to it. 1000 Words was written about my dear friend Carmilla Voiez's experience writing her debut novel, Starblood. (If you like goth horror books, you will love Starblood!)

Starblood by Carmilla Voiez

Or, if by goth groups, this meant a social scene, I am in luck, because DC has several. The two prominent scenes are Midnight and my favorite, Spellbound. I don't get to go out that much any more because of babysitter issues, but when I do get the chance for some goth fun, I do love the ambiance, music and crowd at Spellbound.

No comments:

Post a Comment